Crockpot Cubed Steak


This week The Jolly Kitchen is featuring some delicious recipes courtesy of Felicia from Go Graham Go. Felicia is helping us stay out of the kitchen by bringing us simple recipes for busy moms! When you get a chance, stop by her blog and let her know how much you love her recipes!


Crockpot Cubed Steak

Ingredients:

Family pack of cubed steak

Flour

Cream of chicken soup

Beefy onion soup mix

1 Cup of water


Directions:

Add water and cream of chicken soup to crockpot and set to HIGH

Coat the cubed steak in flour lightly

lightly brown in frying pan

Mix Beefy Onion Soup mix in with water/cream of chicken soup mixture in crockpot

Put browned cubed steak in crockpot with mixture and cook on HIGH for about 5 hours (more or less depending on how much cube steak you have)

Serve as is or over rice!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you! We bought a half of a beef a few months ago and I am stocked up on cube steak that my kids won't eat the way I normally cook it. I'm sure they will eat it this way - looks great.

Unknown said...

Well I've been making this or similar to this for years and just a couple of days ago my son called and asked me how to fix cube steak in the crock pot (he got a 7 quart crock pot for Christmas). Anyway here is how I do it. I use onion power, pepper & salt in the flour. I put green beans in the bottom of the crock pot and then the cube steak which has been nicely browned in flour mixture. I pour in remaining flour mixture and drippings from pan I used to brown cube steak. I used cream of celery soup, the flavor is better in my opinion. I add water to cover, just barely and cook on high for at least hours. I usually add potatoes when it's got about 2 hours left to cook. The meat is so tender... delicious.