Apple Muffins



First, I must give credit to The Mennonite Girls Can Cook blog! I got this Apple Muffin recipe from their AMAZING blog that you must visit. Seriously, those girls can cook and their blog is beautifully done.

I did subsitute the white flour with white wheat flour (healthier option) and they were delicious! The husband and the toddler gobbled them up. I made them 2 days ago and there are only 3 left-we had 12! I have eaten 2-you do the math-LOL!

Now, for the recipe:
Apple Muffins
Makes 12 muffins

Ingredients:
1 egg
1 cup milk
1/4 cup salad oil
1 cup coarsely grated apple
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour (or sub with white wheat flour)
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 cup sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt

Instructions:
1. Beat egg. Stir in milk oil and apples.
2. Mix in remaining ingredients, just until flour is moistened. The batter should be lumpy.
3. Fill greased muffin cups 2/3 full.
4. Bake at 375 F for 20 minutes or until golden. Immediately remove from pan.

4 comments:

Felicia said...

Yum! I just made some chocolate chip pumpkin muffins last night! They are super easy..I'll have to share it with you! Jolly Kitchen has an award too

http://www.gograhamgo.com/2008/11/sdrawa-thats-awards-spelled-backwards.html

Kristin said...

Those look so good...But, Please drop by my blog and tell me where I get salad oil from...? The cooking oil aisle? The salad dressing aisle? I will duck now so you can throw a utensil at me or something...I hope you don't think that is a stupid question, because I am sure there is a ton more in the future. =)

Kristin said...

Hey! Thanks for explaining that..I am so glad that you didn't throw anything at me..lol!