Apple Meatloaf and Couscous with Carrots and Cauliflower



This is the best meatloaf I have ever had. The couscous is delicious and a total comfort food.

Apple Meatloaf

Ingredients
2 1/2 lbs. lean ground beef
1 1/2 c. packaged stuffing mix
2 c. finely chopped Paula Red apples
3 eggs
2 t. salt
2 T. prepared mustard
1 large onion, minced
3 T. prepared horseradish
3/4 c. ketchup

Directions
In a large bowl, combine all ingredients, mixing well. Pack into a greased 8×5x3 inch loaf pan. Bake at 350° for 1 and 1/4 hours.

Couscous with Cauliflower and Carrots



Ingredients:

5 carrots, peeled and chopped
1 head cauliflower (or 1 bag frozen florets)
1 pkg Near East Parmesan couscous
chicken broth
salt to taste

Directions:
1. Put cauliflower and carrots in a large pot with water and bring to a boil until vegetables are fork tender. Drain. Lightly mash cauliflower and carrots and set aside.
2. Cook couscous according to package directions BUT replace the water with the chicken broth.
3. Combine couscous and vegetables and stir to combine.Season with salt according to your taste.

2 comments:

Felicia said...

...so I was thinking...we are coming through next week...we are stopping for dinner!!! You are amazing! I wish I could cook!

Erin Tales said...

I love couscous! This sounds yummy. I admit, though, I am more of a box of couscous kind of person. I must step away from the boxed couscous.