Crockpot Chicken & Dumplings

I forgot to take a picture of this meal, but I have to post it on here because it so good and a favorite at my house. It is especially good in the winter because it is such a comfort food.

1 tray boneless, skinless chicken thighs
2 cans cream of chicken soup
1 small onion coarsely grated
1-2 cups peas or broccoli
1 can biscuits
salt and pepper to taste

1. Pour soup into crockpot and using can from soup, add 2 cans of water to pot and stir soup and water.
2. Season chicken with salt and pepper. Add chicken into crock pot and add onions. Flip chicken in crockpot to coat with soup mixture.
3. Set crock pot to low and cook for 5 hours.
4. When done, remove chicken from crockpot and shred. Put back into crockpot and add vegetables. Stir.
5. Place biscuits over chicken mixture.
6. Turn crockpot to high and cook 30 more minutes.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Yummm, that sounds delicious, I think even I could make it...and I am not that kitchen crafty. Thanks for the recipe.

J said...

Mmmm...those sound yummy! I might be able to make those..lol!

I left you an award at my blog stop by and check it out.
The Geek's Girl

Marrid66 said...

Wow this sounds yummy and it looks easy to do I will try it.

Karen aka marrid66

http://www.4catsmakemecrazy.com/
http://www.dabossandbryguy.com/
http://www.hereoncolumbiaave.com/

- said...

Oh geez, now I'm hungry! I love chicken and dumplings.

You've been tagged, stop by Shrinking Pamelalala and see what it's all about.