Healthy, Yummy Toddler Snack


I made Fruit Jigglers for my 1 year old today and they were a hit and so easy to make. I know, I know this is a obvious, simple uncreative recipe, but I didn't think of making it until I read of another mom making it. Sometimes, it's the simplest things that are overlooked. Next time, I will use a more colorful juice. I used organic apple juice this time and it felt great knowing the little one was not getting any added sugar and eating healthy. It is much better than Jello because you know exactly what is in it. Honestly, it is just as easy to make as Jello. So, here is the recipe:

Homemade Fruit Jigglers
2 cups fruit juice of your choice (100% Natural Fruit Juice)
3 tsp powdered gelatin
1/4 cup small cubed fruit of your choice

Place 1/4 cup of the juice in a cup; sprinkle gelatin over juice.
Stand cup in a small pan of simmering water, stir until gelatin is dissolved.
Stir gelatin mixture and fruits into remaining juice in a medium bowl or square/rectangular pan.
Refrigerate until firm.
Scoop into a cup or cut into shapes to serve. Let your toddler help with the cutting of the shapes! Break out the cookie cutters and make this a toddler activity!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Those sound delicious and easy, thanks for the great snack idea for my girls

Anonymous said...

Oh, I'm not a cook at all, but I can make Jello like a champ.

I'm going to try the jigglers thing out with my little ones.


Confessions of a Baltimore Housewife