Beef and Mushrooms in Light Cream Sauce



Ingredients:

1 cup low fat sour cream
1 Tbsp Dijon mustard
2 Tbsp olive oil
1 pound cubed Angus stewing meat or beef tenderloin tips
2 Tbsp butter
8 ounces sliced mushrooms
3 large celery stalks finely chopped
1 tsp fresh dill or 3/4 tsp dried dill
1/8 cup red wine
1/8 cup light soy sauce

Instructions:

Remove the sour cream from the refrigerator so it warms slightly. Stir the mustard into the sour cream and set aside.

In a large heavy skillet, heat the oil over medium high heat. Sear the meat (cook without moving it) on all sides for about 1 minute until it is no longer pink on the outside. With a slotted spoon, tranfer the meat to a plate.

Using the same skillet, reduce the heat to medium and add butter. Add the mushrooms, celery, and dill and saute them for about 5 minutes until they are softened. Add the red wine and soy sauce and continue cooking the mixture for about 5 to 7 minutes until the vegetables are very tender and most of the liquid is absorbed. If the vegetables get too dry, add 1/4 cup water to the skillet.

Return the meat to the skillet and cook it for 2 to 3 more minutes until it is cooked through. Reduce the heat to low, let the temperature lower for a minute, and stir in the sour cream mixture until it is warmed through. Remove from heat and serve immediately over potatoes or egg noodles.

4 comments:

Felicia said...

Yumm...I'm gonna have to try this next week! I just got back from the grocery store with everything I need to make your spinach nuggets (i made them already and they are GREAT), the chicken and dumplings, the meatloaf, and the couscous! I can't wait!

Unknown said...

I am so glad you liked them! Seriously, that meatloaf is unlike any meatloaf! It is SO SO good! When I first saw the recipe, I thought the ingredients seemed odd and was really skeptical, but you will not be disappointed! The chicken and dumplings are a total comfort food! You just want to keep eating!

April said...

That looks so delicious but my picky husband would never eat it because it has sour cream. He's ridiculous when it comes to food.

Felicia said...

Well...they were both great! I think I will just come to your blog every week...print it out...and take it to the grocery store! Actually, this week I only spent $70 which isn't bad ( I had to get paper products too)! I'm trying to get my bill down to $50 a week. It's a work in progress! If Graham wasn't so addicted to Yo Baby Yogurt I might be down to $30 LOL!